Have you fallen victim to an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Amazingly, most auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,500, St. Louis drivers can cut their rates by almost 25% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Popular companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company's rates quite often because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Ford Escape insurance in St. Louis two years ago there may be better deals available now. There are lots of tips to save on Escape insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to slash your auto insurance rates in St. Louis.
Ways to get Ford Escape insurance quotes in St. Louis
When shopping for Ford Escape insurance in St. Louis there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer car insurance in Missouri. The easiest way to compare insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the extra assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$196||$392||$274||$16||$82||$960||$80|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$112||$190||$212||$12||$64||$590||$49|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$96||$184||$256||$16||$76||$628||$52|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$130||$196||$218||$12||$66||$622||$52|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$110||$184||$256||$16||$76||$642||$54|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$160||$294||$218||$12||$66||$750||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Missouri minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
St. Louis insurance discounts for a Ford Escape
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class in high school.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Data Collection Discounts - St. Louis drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, driver's education, good driver, and accident-free.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, homeowner, renters, multi-car, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, new move discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, teen driver, paperless, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, group or association, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in St. Louis, follow this link.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Ford Escape Insurance
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Save money by having multiple policies - Most major insurance companies afford a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
- Don't let your insurance policy lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Missouri DMV.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up - If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Missouri give cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Loss probability for a Ford Escape - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but work with a local St. Louis insurance agent
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in St. Louis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in St. Louis who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What type of St. Louis car insurance agent is right for you?
If you are searching for a local St. Louis insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in St. Louis that may be able to provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in St. Louis that can give you price quote information.
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Missouri?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in St. Louis?
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
Be persistent to save money
Lower-priced auto insurance in St. Louis can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Ford Escape insurance in St. Louis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive St. Louis auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More information is located below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Liberty, Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Active Military in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Saint Louis, Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)