Are you looking for more affordable Honda Accord insurance in Springfield? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Honda Accord in Missouri can be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a Honda and obtain the lowest price.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Quoting and comparing more affordable car insurance in Springfield is actually quite simple. You just have to use the proper way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Finding low cost Springfield car insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is take time getting comparison quotes to find the company with affordable Honda Accord insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$236||$212||$12||$64||$662||$55|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$282||$306||$18||$92||$860||$72|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$242||$218||$12||$66||$678||$57|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$180||$296||$18||$88||$708||$59|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$384||$294||$18||$88||$976||$81|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$274||$230||$14||$70||$750||$63|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$164||$380||$364||$22||$110||$1,040||$87|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$470||$364||$22||$110||$1,168||$97|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$124||$264||$340||$20||$102||$850||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify prices greatly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Springfield, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Accord, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Springfield
Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Only buy extra policy coverages you need - There are many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Limits of liability protection - Liability insurance is the protection when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Honda. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, damage from fire, or theft. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Your gender affects costs - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
Do you work long hours in a high stress job? - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Traffic violations inflate rates - Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Honda Accord claim statistics - Companies use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Honda Accord Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD||85||97||83||122||113||94|
|Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD||99||102||94||120||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Honda Accord insurance in Springfield with discounts
Some companies don't list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Springfield auto insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Accord can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of your policy.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
Double check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Springfield. To choose auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Springfield, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Springfield auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Springfield.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Springfield?
In the end, you can save money
You just learned many ways to shop for Honda Accord insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Springfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount Honda Accord insurance in Springfield can be sourced online and with local Springfield insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Ballwin, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Missouri Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in OFallon, MO? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Veterans in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)