How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for the cheapest Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis? Saving money on Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis may be challenging for drivers not familiar with online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many options that it can easily be a real difficult job to find a cheaper company.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers in Missouri have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. The average driver in America could save almost $850 every year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes.
If you currently have insurance, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Buying the most affordable insurance in St. Louis can be fairly easy. Although Missouri consumers do need to understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower-cost Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a driver safety class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Paper-free Discount - Many larger companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- USAA has savings for defensive driver, driver training, loyalty savings, annual mileage, good student, and new vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, online quote, online shopper, safety device, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, mature driver, and business and professional.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and good driver.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in St. Louis. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Missouri, click this link.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis is to understand most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, the ages of drivers, whether you have decent credit, and if you are currently licensed. That information is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To get price quotes for your Ford Mustang now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in St. Louis.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Missouri. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$208||$448||$274||$16||$82||$1,028||$86|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$478||$340||$20||$102||$1,162||$97|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$140||$340||$322||$20||$96||$918||$77|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$112||$252||$320||$18||$96||$798||$67|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$210||$480||$266||$16||$80||$1,052||$88|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$782||$436||$26||$130||$1,736||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Mustang auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Missouri. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for excluding physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Mustang settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can increase Ford Mustang insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Ford Mustang premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower Your St. Louis Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Lower rates come with age - Drivers with little experience are known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Performance makes a difference - The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Ford Mustang is considered a sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost much more compared to average rates in St. Louis.
Vehicle features can affect prices - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Mustang - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Mustang vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford Mustang Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Mustang 2dr||175||80||131||109||136||117|
|Ford Mustang GT 2dr||171||61||143||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in St. Louis who can give free rate quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in St. Louis?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
The following are agents in St. Louis that can give you comparison quotes for Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis.
- Billy Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
4424 Woodson Rd - St. Louis, MO 63134 - (314) 428-4255 - View Map
- Alternatives Insurance
3008 S Jefferson Ave - St. Louis, MO 63118 - (314) 881-1488 - View Map
- Mark Tipton - State Farm Insurance Agent
5445 Telegraph Rd Ste 121 - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 894-1200 - View Map
- Star Insurance Agency, Inc.
8 The Pines Ct - St. Louis, MO 63141 - (314) 692-7555 - View Map
Protect your Mustang and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in St. Louis, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Missouri but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Mustang has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in St. Louis is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by being persistent
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting St. Louis auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Ford Mustang insurance in St. Louis is available online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Missouri Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in OFallon, MO? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)