Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Volkswagen Beetle insurance in St. Louis? Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced insurance policy? You're in good company because many St. Louis drivers feel the same as you.
It's hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Many drivers in St. Louis can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies. There is such a variety of insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
How You Can Control Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The following are most of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
More people means more accidents - Living in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when talking about insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
The higher your credit score the lower your prices - Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Beetle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Always have insurance - Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Missouri DMV.
Females tend to take less risk - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Males and females get in accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Cheaper rates with high deductibles - Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', protects your Volkswagen from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Volkswagen Beetle insurance claim data - Insurers use historical loss data when determining insurance prices. Models that are shown to have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Beetle Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Beetle Convertible||85||78||95||76||89||79|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much is Volkswagen Beetle insurance in St. Louis, Missouri?
Finding more affordable car insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take the time to get quotes from online providers.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in St. Louis, MO. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$154||$340||$256||$16||$76||$842||$70|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$254||$560||$212||$12||$64||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in St. Louis location which can decrease or increase coverage prices noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can increase Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Beetle premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance ads are enticing
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best prices from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim that people will save just by moving your policy.
But how can every company make the same claim? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the type of insured that will be a good risk. For example, a profitable customer may be a female over age 40, owns their home, and drives a safe vehicle. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and will also save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for those criteria will have to pay higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
Because of these techniques, you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Missouri
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Beetle insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Volkswagen Beetle, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Volkswagen and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Beetle insurance in St. Louis with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- E-sign - Some companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance coverage on a new Beetle can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, distant student, bundle discounts, multi-car, early shopping, good student, and teen driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly retired, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies in St. Louis. To locate companies that offer discounts in St. Louis, follow this link.
Local St. Louis insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in St. Louis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in St. Louis should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Cheap coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheap Volkswagen Beetle insurance in St. Louis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about insurance in Missouri can be read at these links:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Saint Charles, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)