Locating better insurance prices for a car in Missouri can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a and get the cheapest rates from St. Charles insurance agents and online providers.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing free St. Charles car insurance quotes to find the company with inexpensive St. Charles car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Get discounts to get affordable St. Charles car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don't list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy St. Charles car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could earn cheaper prices.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get St. Charles car insurance quotes online.
- St. Charles Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive St. Charles car insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in St. Charles. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in St. Charles, click here.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in St. Charles, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What if I want to buy from local St. Charles car insurance agents?
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in St. Charles.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in St. Charles who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local St. Charles insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in St. Charles can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in St. Charles should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If they are an independent agency in St. Charles, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy when you choose so never feel that you're stuck with a specific company for any length of time.