There isn't anyone who anticipates paying for insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
It's amazing but most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in St. Louis could save nearly $323 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched. Due to the large number of companies and agents to choose from, it's difficult to pick the cheapest company.
Buy St. Louis Nissan Juke insurance online
Getting a cheaper price on Nissan Juke insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Just spend a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Nissan Juke insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the peace of mind of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Earn discounts on St. Louis auto insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. You may see this discount when you get St. Louis car insurance quotes online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- St. Louis Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a St. Louis car insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include business and professional, multi-car, youthful driver, bundle discounts, good student, mature driver, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, military active duty, daytime running lights, driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, good driver, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, and passive restraint.
When comparing rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply in St. Louis. To view insurers with significant discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
How Your Juke Insurance Costs are Determined
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- What type of car do you drive? - The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Nissan Juke falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in St. Louis.
- Rural areas have lower rates - Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability insurance is critical - Liability coverage will protect you if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Nissan Juke insurance loss data - Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Juke Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in St. Louis that provide free St. Louis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in St. Louis?
What types of auto insurance agents are in St. Louis?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in St. Louis can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out why they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in St. Louis who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in St. Louis who can help you get price quote information.
Equity One Insurance Agency LLC dba GlobalGreen Insurance
4568 Meramec Bottom Rd #2 - St. Louis, MO 63128 - (314) 845-3993 - View Map
But the ad said I'd save 15% in 15 minutes!
Missouri consumers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise that people will save if you change your coverage to them.
That's great but how can every company cost less than your current company? It's all in the wording.
Most companies quote the lowest rates for the type of insured that will generate a profit. An example of a profitable risk profile could possibly be over the age of 45, has a clean driving record, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Someone that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Insureds who do not meet those criteria will be charged higher premiums which leads to the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. Because every company is different, you really should get St. Louis car insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which company will have the best prices for your profile.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in St. Louis is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in St. Louis, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Missouri Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)