Searching for cheaper Hyundai Sonata insurance in Kansas City? Are you burned out from being strong-armed to make your insurance payment? You are no different than many other Missouri drivers.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in Missouri have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could save almost 47% every year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest rate on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Kansas City.
It's a good habit to compare prices every six months since prices change quite often. If you had the best price on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Kansas City a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to learn the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Kansas City can initially seem challenging. But Missouri consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
When shopping for low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from local Kansas City insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Hyundai Sonata insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to go to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$110||$214||$316||$18||$94||$752||$63|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$322||$364||$22||$110||$982||$82|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$406||$308||$18||$92||$1,046||$87|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$236||$310||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$414||$288||$18||$86||$984||$82|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$600||$406||$24||$122||$1,440||$120|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$502||$340||$20||$102||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can change rates noticeably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sonata insurance in Kansas City.
- Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could earn cheaper premium rates.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, driver's education, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, early quote, payment discounts, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To locate insurers with discount rates in Missouri, click here to view.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Kansas City that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Kansas City
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always include multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agents in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Kansas City?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
Once you have received good feedback to all your questions and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But remember, you can terminate your policy when you choose so don't feel that you're stuck with your new company for the full term.
What Impacts Hyundai Sonata Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your rates.
Prices and vocation - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers such as professors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hyundai Sonata has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
How old are your drivers? - Beginning drivers in Missouri have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you've ever had to add a teenage driver to your car insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older people tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Driving citations mean higher premiums - Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Even a single ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who get serious tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
Insurance loss statistics a Hyundai Sonata - Insurers use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid||142||116||119||124||138||121|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Kansas City, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much can you save?
While you're price shopping online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many ways to get a better price on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information is located below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Saint Peters, Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in University City, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)