Finding low cost premium rates for Honda Civic insurance in Kansas City might be frustrating for people who are new to online comparison shopping. With dozens of companies in the marketplace, it can turn into a real hassle to find more affordable Honda Civic insurance rates.
A study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Missouri could save almost $323 each year, but they don't believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$214||$272||$16||$82||$692||$58|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$414||$256||$16||$76||$918||$77|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$376||$274||$16||$82||$912||$76|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$138||$340||$312||$18||$94||$902||$75|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$322||$280||$16||$84||$828||$69|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$100||$236||$274||$16||$82||$708||$59|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$126||$296||$436||$26||$130||$1,014||$85|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$466||$360||$22||$108||$1,142||$95|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$516||$274||$16||$82||$1,096||$91|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$110||$290||$350||$20||$104||$874||$73|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$462||$272||$16||$82||$1,032||$86|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$162||$372||$340||$20||$102||$996||$83|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$400||$302||$18||$90||$1,010||$84|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$528||$312||$18||$94||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can modify rates considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Civic book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Kansas City auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Civic insurance in Kansas City.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paperless Signup - Some larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less could qualify for substantially lower prices.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer free Honda Civic insurance quotes in Missouri, click this link.
Comparing prices from local Kansas City car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a good Kansas City insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Kansas City can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent agencies in Kansas City that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd - Kansas City, MO 64111 - (816) 531-1000 - View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway - Kansas City, MO 64118 - (816) 452-8810 - View Map
- SIMONE Insurance Agency, LLC
7138 N Norton Ave - Kansas City, MO 64119 - (816) 739-8995 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
- Elaine Fry Agency -- State FarmÂ®
1310 Carondelet Dr #200 - Kansas City, MO 64114 - (816) 942-7800 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 - Kansas City, MO 64119 - (816) 459-7779 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Jeff Woody
1300 NW Vivion Rd - Kansas City, MO 64118 - (816) 459-8010 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Honda Civic but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your Civic caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Civic to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage - This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, doctor visits, hospital visits and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability - This provides protection from damage that occurs to other's property or people by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, pain and suffering, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Some car insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Kansas City is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you many ideas to find affordable Honda Civic insurance in Kansas City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Saint Joseph, MO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)