Shopping for the lowest cost St. Louis Mazda 6 insurance quotes on the web is somewhat intimidating for people that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance online. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how are people expected to be able to compare every company in order to find the cheapest rates?
Sadly, most drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Missouri could save an average of roughly $323 each year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. These tips will let you in on how to compare rates easily and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Missouri consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
When looking for the cheapest Mazda 6 rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from many different Missouri insurance companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in St. Louis, MO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$322||$322||$20||$96||$924||$77|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$288||$250||$14||$74||$784||$65|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$340||$272||$16||$82||$910||$76|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$288||$302||$18||$90||$860||$72|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$268||$360||$22||$108||$918||$77|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$488||$348||$20||$104||$1,254||$105|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$258||$348||$20||$104||$894||$75|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$376||$274||$16||$82||$960||$80|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$340||$302||$18||$90||$912||$76|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$488||$348||$20||$104||$1,254||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Mazda 6 annual premium costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 6 insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Mazda 6 but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri is overpaying more than $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim about how much you will save just by switching your car insurance policy to them. How can each company have lower policy pricing? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured may need to be over the age of 35, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured that meets those criteria will probably get the lowest premium rates and will also save some money.
Potential insureds who fall short of these criteria may be required to pay a higher premium and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "drivers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's why companies can state the savings.
This really illustrates why you really should compare rate quotes every year. It's impossible to know which car insurance company will provide the lowest Mazda 6 insurance in St. Louis.
Verify you're earning every discount
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Early Signing - Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current 6 insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, membership and employees, driver training, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for group or association, paperless, multiple vehicles, air bags, safe driver, safe vehicle, and good student.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, online shopper, DriveSense, good student, safety device, emergency road assistance, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, driver's education, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply in your area. For a list of companies with discount rates in Missouri, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in St. Louis.
By using this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in St. Louis that provide free St. Louis car insurance quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
When searching for an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agents in St. Louis who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Kreismann-Bayer Insurance Agency
652 N New Ballas Rd - St. Louis, MO 63141 - (314) 567-3344 - View Map
- Crestwood Insurance Agency
9800 Watson Rd #4 - St. Louis, MO 63126 - (314) 822-3002 - View Map
- Alexander Insurance Agency
821 Madison St - St Charles, MO 63301 - (636) 949-9525 - View Map
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are St. Louis exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Doug Rupp - State Farm Insurance Agent
4515 Lemay Ferry Rd - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 894-6000 - View Map
- Tom Bond - State Farm Insurance Agent
9712 Watson Rd - St. Louis, MO 63126 - (636) 305-9999 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Raymond Schmittgens
3501 Watson Rd - St. Louis, MO 63139 - (314) 832-2755 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Where are claims handled?
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Budget-conscious Mazda 6 insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Mazda 6 insurance in St. Louis. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper St. Louis car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Missouri can be found at these links:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Missouri Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Wentzville, Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Raytown, MO? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Cape Girardeau, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Veterans in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Missouri Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)