Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as the majority of other drivers in Missouri.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,469, Springfield drivers could cut their rates by $300 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company. Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, having more insurers makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Ford Fusion insurance in Springfield.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Missouri. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$110||$214||$302||$18||$90||$734||$61|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$400||$302||$18||$90||$1,010||$84|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$380||$436||$26||$130||$1,188||$99|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$400||$280||$16||$84||$980||$82|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$552||$346||$20||$104||$1,270||$106|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$372||$302||$18||$90||$962||$80|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$646||$322||$20||$96||$1,366||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in Springfield location which can decrease or increase insurance rates greatly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The diagram below compares Ford Fusion auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Slash your insurance rates with these five discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Onboard Data Collection - Springfield drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Springfield can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on their website.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, good driver, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, alternative fuel, multi-car, bundle discounts, good student, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Allstate has savings for farm vehicle, auto/life discount, early signing, safe driver, teenSMART discount, good payer, and utility vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, air bags, and driver training.
When getting free Springfield car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate companies with the best Ford Fusion insurance discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Springfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Springfield who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
The following is a list of insurers in Springfield that may be willing to give rate quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Springfield.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be relied on to service your policy. Just remember it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage for any reason so don't think you're contractually obligated to any particular company with no way out.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my Ford Fusion covered for smoke damage?
- Is my Ford Fusion covered if I use it for business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Springfield Fusion insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Fusion.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Fusion caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Fusion to bring the cost down.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, structural damage and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
How much can you save?
Cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Springfield is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read a lot of information how to find cheap Ford Fusion insurance in Springfield. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Springfield car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mehlville, Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Joplin, Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Missouri Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)