Are you at wits end from being strong-armed to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners in Missouri.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. The average driver in St. Louis could save themselves up to 25% a year, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find a good deal for Chevy Equinox insurance in St. Louis.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rates on Chevy Equinox insurance in St. Louis a couple years back a different company probably has better premium rates today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Equinox insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some tested techniques to buy insurance cheaper in St. Louis.
Quoting and comparing rates for the best-priced policy in St. Louis is not as confusing as people think. If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can use this information to buy cheaper auto insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the quickest way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Finding cheaper insurance quotes can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Chevy Equinox insurance rate quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the professional advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible get prices online and still use a local agent.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$122||$246||$346||$20||$104||$838||$70|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$124||$214||$272||$16||$82||$708||$59|
|Equinox LS AWD||$144||$288||$302||$18||$90||$842||$70|
|Equinox LT AWD||$110||$214||$280||$16||$84||$704||$59|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$200||$404||$250||$14||$74||$942||$79|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$124||$252||$302||$18||$90||$786||$66|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$232||$408||$266||$16||$80||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise prices noticeably.
Chevrolet Equinox liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below examines Chevrolet Equinox insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Equinox replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Missouri
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Equinox but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Their Insurance Rates
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Traffic violations are costly - Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
Vehicle options that cut premiums - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Auto insurance rates and your vocation - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as military personnel, business owners and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other careers such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
Is your car built for speed? - The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Chevrolet Equinox falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in St. Louis. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Chevy Equinox insurance loss data - Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine prices. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD||82||86||74||101||104||93|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD||84||88||85||89||93||81|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance rates in St. Louis
Some insurers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy St. Louis auto insurance online.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in St. Louis may earn a discount on your policy.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Equinox insurance in St. Louis.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, student driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Buying insurance from St. Louis insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in St. Louis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in St. Louis who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are agents in St. Louis who can help you get rate quotes for Chevy Equinox insurance in St. Louis.
Angela Rule - State Farm Insurance Agent
5153 Lemay Ferry Rd - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 892-1903 - View Map
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How are claims handled?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which family members are covered?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Don't give up on cheaper rates
We covered many ways to shop for Chevy Equinox insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper St. Louis auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest Chevy Equinox insurance in St. Louis is definitely available online and with local St. Louis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Missouri Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chesterfield, MO? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Cape Girardeau, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Florissant, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)