Trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Chevy Cruze insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for your Chevy and get the lowest price from Kansas City insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to buy cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you're earning every discount
Companies don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- New Car Discount - Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Kansas City is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, professional/association, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good student, and multiple autos.
It's a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Compare prices but still have a local Kansas City insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching local Kansas City agents, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you will want to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd - Kansas City, MO 64155 - (816) 454-0400 - View Map
- Nestel Insurance Agency
9233 Ward Pkwy #124 - Kansas City, MO 64114 - (816) 361-6442 - View Map
- Safeway Insurance Agency
3600 Broadway Suite 110 - Kansas City, MO 64111 - (816) 931-1222 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
- Jesse Valenciano State FarmÂ®
7932 N Oak Trafficway #208 - Kansas City, MO 64118 - (816) 436-3004 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donita Hunt
7501 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy - Kansas City, MO 64153 - (816) 587-4181 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd - Kansas City, MO 64111 - (816) 753-0777 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Kansas City?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Missouri?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I rate my Chevy Cruze as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Liability protection - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Chevy Cruze scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Pleasure use saves money - Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Cruze is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Premiums may be higher where you live - Living in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Lower deductibles cost more - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Some companies apply discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Rates increase with driving citations - Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Chevy Cruze insurance loss probability - Companies use claims history as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Kansas City, paying for car insurance is required in Missouri but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Cruze, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote more and you will save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Columbia, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Missouri Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Missouri Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Blue Springs, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)