Do you want an efficient way to compare low-cost Ford Escape insurance in Kansas City? Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can dry up your savings account and maybe even restrict other spending. Doing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Kansas City insurance shoppers could save as much as $320 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Finding low cost Kansas City insurance prices doesn't have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rates online with multiple companies.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to different Kansas City agent offices. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional abilities of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$122||$220||$306||$18||$92||$758||$63|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$172||$334||$256||$16||$76||$854||$71|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$112||$190||$212||$12||$64||$590||$49|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$186||$282||$306||$18||$92||$884||$74|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$208||$314||$234||$14||$70||$840||$70|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$222||$406||$230||$14||$70||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Males versus Females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Escape, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Kansas City overpays as much as $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Learn How to Get Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
Does your job raise your rates? - Careers such as military generals, architects and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, athletes and retirees pay the least.
Do you know you're credit history? - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with worse credit. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Ford Escape by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Safety first - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers - Youthful drivers in Missouri are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. If you've ever had to add a youthful driver to your insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Many insurers give better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Ford Escape insurance loss probability - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these discounts on Ford Escape insurance in Kansas City
Some companies don't always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow companies to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurers with significant discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Kansas City insurance agency
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If they are an independent agency in Kansas City, which companies do they recommend?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you're trying to find a local Kansas City insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below are Kansas City exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
American Family Insurance - Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd - Kansas City, MO 64111 - (816) 753-0777 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get rate quotes.
Once you have received satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never assume you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
Persistence pays off
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Escape insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Kansas City car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Jefferson City, Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Liberty, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)