Would you like to save money by finding more competitive Hyundai Sonata insurance in St. Louis? There isn't anyone who is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they could find better rates elsewhere.
A recent car insurance study revealed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Missouri could save an average of nearly 25% each year, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Hyundai Sonata insurance in St. Louis two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can use this information to buy cheaper car insurance without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in St. Louis is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Sonata insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a St. Louis car insurance quote.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting car insurance coverage on a new Sonata can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, IntelliDrive, driver training, save driver, new car, and student away at school.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, safety features, new move discount, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in St. Louis. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Missouri, click here.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Hyundai Sonata insurance in St. Louis utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is give them some information like if it has an anti-theft system, how much education you have, if your license is active, and how many miles driven. Your details is then sent to all major companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To compare lower-cost Hyundai Sonata insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in St. Louis.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in St. Louis, MO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$398||$364||$22||$110||$1,096||$91|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$352||$288||$18||$86||$922||$77|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$316||$392||$24||$118||$1,010||$84|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$316||$406||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$502||$340||$20||$102||$1,162||$97|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$560||$364||$22||$110||$1,310||$109|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$252||$340||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can influence premiums considerably.
Hyundai Sonata insurance costs by age and gender
The example below shows the comparison of Hyundai Sonata annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Hyundai Sonata insurance premiums for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in St. Louis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in St. Louis who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in St. Louis that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are St. Louis exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Be persistent and save
We've covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Hyundai Sonata insurance in St. Louis. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Hyundai Sonata insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote St. Louis car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mehlville, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Saint Joseph, MO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Missouri Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)