Want to learn a better way to compare more competitive Ford Focus insurance in Springfield? Finding a different company that has inexpensive Ford Focus insurance in Springfield probably sounds like a formidable task if you've never compared online price quotes. But don't be discouraged because finding cheaper prices for Ford Focus insurance in Springfield is actually fairly simple.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Springfield can cut their rates by almost $300 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. The intent of this article is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Nevertheless, Missouri consumers must know how insurance companies calculate their prices.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Focus insurance in Springfield
Some providers do not list all discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Springfield Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, air bags, and 55 and older.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, easy pay, multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, and business or organization.
- Esurance discounts include renters, online shopper, claim free, safety device, good driver, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and anti-theft.
Double check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. To locate insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Missouri, click this link.
First Step: Get free Ford Focus insurance quotes
When shopping for the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find the lowest Ford Focus rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it's important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Springfield, MO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$246||$346||$20||$104||$822||$69|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$288||$302||$18||$90||$824||$69|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$462||$346||$20||$104||$1,104||$92|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$478||$280||$16||$84||$1,030||$86|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$98||$214||$282||$16||$84||$694||$58|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$116||$236||$310||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can influence premium rates substantially.
Males versus Females
The illustration below compares Ford Focus insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below illustrates the difference between Ford Focus insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Focus replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Springfield auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Springfield that can provide free Springfield car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Springfield should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If they are an independent agency in Springfield, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How long has their agency been open in Springfield?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Springfield who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kathy Binkley - State Farm Insurance Agent
3213 S Campbell Ave c - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 881-6677 - View Map
- Jim Roebuck - State Farm Insurance Agent
1638 S Enterprise Ave - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 882-3266 - View Map
- State Farm: Vic Stuart
3020 E Battlefield Rd - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 882-8292 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Springfield independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Fortner Insurance Services
1519 E Sunshine St - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 882-5560 - View Map
- McKinney Insurance Agency
3840 S Cox Rd F-102 - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 520-0820 - View Map
- Insurance Pro Agencies
2155 E Sunshine St # 202 - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 882-2345 - View Map
More effort can pay off
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Springfield is possible online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Focus insurance auto insurance rates in Springfield. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Ford Focus insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Missouri Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Missouri Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Active Military in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)