Trying to find cheap Ford F-150 insurance in Springfield can be very difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find cheaper Ford F-150 insurance rates.
It's amazing but most auto insurance policyholders in Missouri kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. consumers can save nearly $859 each year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around yearly because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance in Springfield a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
The intent of this article is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. But Missouri vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies determine premium rates and apply this information to your search.
Cheapest companies for Ford F-150 insurance in Missouri
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Springfield, MO. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$154||$256||$16||$76||$616||$51|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$172||$334||$280||$16||$84||$886||$74|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$112||$190||$250||$14||$74||$640||$53|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$222||$418||$360||$22||$108||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$174||$280||$272||$16||$82||$824||$69|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$98||$148||$250||$14||$74||$584||$49|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$144||$226||$302||$18||$90||$780||$65|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$124||$206||$322||$20||$96||$768||$64|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$206||$286||$266||$16||$80||$854||$71|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$160||$242||$256||$16||$76||$750||$63|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$290||$256||$16||$76||$816||$68|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$234||$286||$348||$20||$104||$992||$83|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$98||$148||$250||$14||$74||$584||$49|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$248||$384||$346||$20||$104||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$130||$164||$274||$16||$82||$666||$56|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$224||$322||$346||$20||$104||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$148||$238||$256||$16||$76||$734||$61|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$200||$358||$302||$18||$90||$968||$81|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$426||$360||$22||$108||$1,174||$98|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$164||$218||$348||$20||$104||$854||$71|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$406||$272||$16||$82||$1,026||$86|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$186||$322||$322||$20||$96||$946||$79|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$112||$186||$256||$16||$76||$646||$54|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$140||$250||$322||$20||$96||$828||$69|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$288||$510||$360||$22||$108||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$222||$502||$302||$18||$90||$1,134||$95|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$288||$600||$360||$22||$108||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$210||$406||$360||$22||$108||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$248||$462||$346||$20||$104||$1,180||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$146||$236||$274||$16||$82||$754||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$288||$502||$360||$22||$108||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Springfield
Some companies don't always advertise the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount - Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, good student, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, multi-car, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not be available in Springfield. To find providers who offer free Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Springfield, follow this link.
Get Cheaper Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help calculate insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rate level.
- Lower premiums with theft deterrents - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Stay claim-free and save - Companies in Missouri award lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Consider raising deductibles - The deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Lower rates for married couples - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Safety first - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- A policy lapse can increase insurance rates - Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri DMV.
- Ford F-150 statistical loss data - Insurance companies use claims history when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Springfield car insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Springfield.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Springfield who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Springfield car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you're trying to find a local Springfield insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Springfield that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Connell Insurance, Inc.
909 E Republic Rd c200 - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 885-1175 - View Map
- Scott Loveland Agency
2332 W Kingsley St # A - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 882-8055 - View Map
- McKinney Insurance Agency
3840 S Cox Rd F-102 - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 520-0820 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Springfield that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Susan Moberly - State Farm Insurance Agent
1902 E Battlefield Rd Ste B - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 869-2538 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Greg Iott Agency Inc.
1624 S Enterprise Ave - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 886-0500 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Karen Tramm
221 E Sunshine St - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 812-5636 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Can switching companies really save?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies convey the message that you can save just by switching your policy. But how can every company charge lower premium rates? It's all in how they say it.
Most companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of this type of driver could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured who fits that profile will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don't qualify for those criteria may receive more expensive rates and this results in business not being written. The ads say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That is how companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
Each company has different criteria, so you need to compare many company's car insurance rates. It's impossible to know the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
You can find cheaper coverage
Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Ford F-150 insurance in Springfield can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Springfield agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ways to save on Ford F-150 insurance in Springfield. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
More information is available at the links below
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)