How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City drivers have options when trying to find affordable Dodge Ram insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a Dodge and get the cheapest rates.
Unfortunately, most consumers in Missouri have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could save nearly $850 each year, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Companies offering low-cost Dodge Ram prices in Kansas City, MO
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$176||$280||$340||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$258||$426||$406||$24||$122||$1,236||$103|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$392||$392||$24||$118||$1,150||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$226||$340||$308||$18||$92||$984||$82|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$280||$394||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$288||$510||$406||$24||$122||$1,350||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$178||$288||$282||$16||$84||$848||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$140||$214||$308||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$280||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,176||$98|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$162||$274||$282||$16||$84||$818||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$248||$478||$340||$20||$102||$1,188||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$276||$552||$392||$24||$118||$1,362||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$164||$280||$288||$18||$86||$836||$70|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$154||$290||$392||$24||$118||$978||$82|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$224||$414||$288||$18||$86||$1,030||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$124||$218||$288||$18||$86||$734||$61|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$328||$488||$394||$24||$118||$1,352||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$124||$246||$282||$16||$84||$752||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$156||$290||$308||$18||$92||$864||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The information below shows how violations and at-fault collisions drive up Dodge Ram annual premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below examines Dodge Ram annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn't a written rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Smart Consumers Save More
It's important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- More stress means more cost - Careers like judges, air traffic controllers, and miners are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge Ram is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are quite a few add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Bundle home and auto and save - Most larger insurance companies afford a discount for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles - Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Influences performance influences prices - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Due to the fact that the Dodge Ram is a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Kansas City. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Cheaper to insure gals? - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Kansas City
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Driving Data Discount - Kansas City drivers who agree to allow their company to study where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Kansas City Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Kansas City can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Ram insurance in Kansas City.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in Kansas City.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Kansas City who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Kansas City
If you need to find local Kansas City agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Kansas City agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Kansas City independent agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Northland Independent Insurance Group
5575 NW Barry Rd - Kansas City, MO 64154 - (816) 587-1826 - View Map
- Fusion Insurance Agency
5920 Wilson Ave - Kansas City, MO 64123 - (816) 470-9050 - View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway - Kansas City, MO 64118 - (816) 452-8810 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jamie Bilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 Hickman Mills Dr Ste D - Kansas City, MO 64137 - (816) 763-5444 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Gary Woods Agency Inc.
7211 NW 83 St Ste 140 - Kansas City, MO 64152 - (816) 587-8033 - View Map
- Chris Hoy - State Farm Insurance Agent
8640 Green Hills Road #40 - Kansas City, MO 64154 - (816) 436-8400 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any good agent in Kansas City should know the answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Once you have good responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Can you really save $419 a year?
Missouri consumers can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to state the claim that you can save after switching your car insurance policy to them.
How does each company sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of customer they prefer to insure. One example of a profitable risk profile might be described as a female over age 40, has never had a claim, and insures a new vehicle. Any customer that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Kansas City and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not fit the "perfect" profile will have to pay a higher rate and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers must get as many free Kansas City auto insurance quotes as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When selecting your policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Find cheaper car insurance rates by comparing often
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Dodge Ram insurance in Kansas City. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Kansas City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Kansas City is available on the web and with local Kansas City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Missouri Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Wentzville, Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Joplin, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)