Trying to find better insurance prices for a Buick Verano in Missouri can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Buick and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and St. Louis agents.
Statistics show that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Missouri could save an average of about 25% each year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Best companies for Buick Verano insurance
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some companies do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive reduced rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Claim Free - St. Louis drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Buick Verano insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for automatic seat belts, early bird, defensive driver, good student, teen driver, and student driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in St. Louis.
What Determines Buick Verano Insurance Rates?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Use but don't abuse your insurance - Car insurance companies in Missouri award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Women tend to cost less - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Allowing your policy to lapse raises premiums - Driving with no insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Missouri department of motor vehicles.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Buick. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
Alarm systems lowers prices - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
High credit saves on auto insurance - A driver's credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Buick Verano by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
Your location is a factor - Having an address in areas with lower population can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
Your spouse saves you money - Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it's statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Buick Verano claim probability - Insurance companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood St. Louis auto insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free St. Louis auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in St. Louis that are able to give rate quotes for Buick Verano insurance in St. Louis.
- The Preston Insurance Agency, LLC
4850 Lemay Ferry Rd #100 - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 329-9026 - View Map
- Missouri General Insurance Agency
1227 Fern Ridge Pkwy - St. Louis, MO 63141 - (314) 432-6464 - View Map
- Dick Ruggles - State Farm Insurance Agent
9120 Watson Rd - St. Louis, MO 63126 - (314) 842-8388 - View Map
- Kreismann-Bayer Insurance Agency
652 N New Ballas Rd - St. Louis, MO 63141 - (314) 567-3344 - View Map
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cost effective Buick Verano insurance can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Missouri Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Missouri Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)