Tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Missouri.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in Missouri could save an average of approximately $320 each year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, having more insurers makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in St. Louis.
It's smart to compare rates at least once a year because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest price on Chevy Cruze insurance in St. Louis last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to learn the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Where can I get cheap St. Louis Chevy Cruze insurance?
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Missouri. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
St. Louis insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a St. Louis auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Cruze can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote St. Louis auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Cruze insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy St. Louis auto insurance online.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver
- State Farm has savings for good driver, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include ease of repair, age of vehicle, accident-free, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, air bags, early bird, homeowners, 55 and older, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, new car, good student, EZ pay plan discount, and economy car.
If you are trying to find cheaper St. Louis auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view providers that offer discounts in Missouri, follow this link.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Chevy Cruze Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers - Teen drivers in Missouri have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a beginning driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
- Lower rates for safer cars - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Cruze has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Get better rates if married - Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Good credit scores equal low premiums - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Liability protection limits on your policy - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Bundle home and auto and save - The majority of auto insurance companies provide better rates for people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare other St. Louis Cruze insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Do you have a stressful employer? - Jobs such as doctors, business owners and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from job stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Cruze - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but still have a local St. Louis insurance agency
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in St. Louis that can give you free St. Louis auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in St. Louis for you
If you are searching for a good St. Louis insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in St. Louis are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Below are St. Louis exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in St. Louis who can help you get price quotes.
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Persistence will pay off
We've covered a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Missouri Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Veterans in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Springfield, Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Missouri Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)