Feeling guilty for buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don't sweat it because there are a lot of people in Springfield just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Unbelievably, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Springfield can cut their rates by 25% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate promote their brand names with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
When looking for low cost Springfield auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from auto insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to local Springfield insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the personal advice that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Springfield Civic insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$86||$182||$250||$14||$74||$606||$51|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$296||$322||$20||$96||$842||$70|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$420||$302||$18||$90||$984||$82|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$86||$214||$312||$18||$94||$724||$60|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$290||$346||$20||$104||$866||$72|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$86||$214||$250||$14||$74||$638||$53|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$86||$246||$312||$18||$94||$756||$63|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$390||$250||$14||$74||$886||$74|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$364||$360||$22||$108||$996||$83|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$578||$450||$26||$134||$1,416||$118|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$380||$266||$16||$80||$910||$76|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$532||$432||$26||$130||$1,318||$110|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$340||$302||$18||$90||$912||$76|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$130||$308||$342||$20||$102||$902||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Springfield which can raise or lower auto insurance rates substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can impact Honda Civic insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Missouri. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Civic book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Civic premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Civic in Springfield, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Civic has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Honda Civic but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Springfield auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Sign Early and Save - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current Civic insurance policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Springfield could qualify you for a break when getting a Springfield auto insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts for homeowner, renters, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and bundle.
When getting free Springfield auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people prefer to have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Springfield.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Springfield who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for local Springfield agents, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Springfield can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it's a good idea to contact several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Springfield independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Estal Insurance and Financial Services Inc
330 W Farm Rd 182 f - Springfield, MO 65810 - (417) 865-1558 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Springfield who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Springfield should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Springfield?
Car insurance coverages for a Honda Civic
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Civic in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
This will cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Honda Civic.
Since many Missouri drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Persistence will pay off
We've covered a lot of ways to find cheap Honda Civic insurance in Springfield. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Springfield auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Springfield can be bought both online and with local Springfield insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Missouri Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)