Finding cheaper insurance for a Volvo XC70 in Missouri can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Volvo and obtain the lowest possible price.
You should take the time to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on Volvo XC70 insurance in St. Louis a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on insurance.
Most companies allow you to get insurance quotes direct online. The process is possible for anyone because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$280||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,176||$98|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$154||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,022||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in St. Louis location which can modify coverage rates considerably.
Volvo XC70 annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo XC70 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can impact Volvo XC70 auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance is not optional in Missouri
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in St. Louis, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Volvo XC70 Insurance Premiums?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Driving citations hurt - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Affects performance affects auto insurance costs - The performance of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Volvo XC70 is considered a luxury crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more when compared to the average rates in St. Louis. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Cheaper prices with safer cars - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
Drive lots and pay more - The more miles you rack up on your Volvo each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your XC70 may be wasting your money.
Policy claims cost money - Insurance companies in Missouri provide discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Insurance losses for a Volvo XC70 - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Volvo XC70 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD||69|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD||79||70||94||45|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on XC70 insurance in St. Louis.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a St. Louis auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not be offered in your area.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency in St. Louis, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years have they been established?
- What insurance companies do they work with in St. Louis?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in St. Louis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Ralph Graves - State Farm Insurance Agent
10438 W Florissant - St. Louis, MO 63136 - (314) 388-0330 - View Map
- Angela Rule - State Farm Insurance Agent
5153 Lemay Ferry Rd - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 892-1903 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tracie Bibb
6440 Chippewa St - St. Louis, MO 63109 - (314) 352-4494 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in St. Louis who can help you get price quote information.
- Alexander Insurance Agency
821 Madison St - St Charles, MO 63301 - (636) 949-9525 - View Map
- Bene'-Kelly Insurance Agency
11880 Gravois Rd - St. Louis, MO 63127 - (314) 849-2888 - View Map
- Charles Meyer Insurance Agency
5516 Telegraph Rd - St. Louis, MO 63129 - (314) 894-1313 - View Map
One last note
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in St. Louis is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop St. Louis auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is available at these links:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Raytown, MO? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)