Locating discount quotes on the web is overwhelming for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can drivers efficiently compare them all to find better insurance prices?
Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Kansas City could save almost 25% each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best rates on insurance last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Kansas City car insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Kansas City and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Online Discount - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for ease of repair, type of vehicle, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, teen driver, mature driver, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, anti-theft, student away at school, driver's education, and good student.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, utility vehicle, good payer, and FullPay discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, federal employee, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Kansas City. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
Free Kansas City car insurance rate quotes
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get prices online. Getting quotes is quite easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system pulls your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,052||$526||$88|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$926||$463||$77|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$756||$378||$63|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$978||$489||$82|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$766||$383||$64|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$842||$421||$70|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$614||$307||$51|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$838||$419||$70|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$948||$474||$79|
|Kia Optima EX||$896||$448||$75|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$896||$448||$75|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,130||$565||$94|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$876||$438||$73|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$854||$427||$71|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$854||$427||$71|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$734||$367||$61|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$798||$399||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can modify price quotes noticeably.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The information below illustrates the difference between insurance prices for male and female drivers in Kansas City. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Focus SE.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many ways to save on auto insurance in Kansas City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance in Missouri? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Wildwood, MO? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much are Missouri Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Missouri? (FAQ)
- How Much is Missouri Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)