How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Springfield? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Missouri can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and get the lowest possible price.
It's amazing but the majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in America could cut their rates by as much as $860 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Springfield can initially seem challenging. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just need to understand the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Do you qualify for these nine discounts?
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger companies give back up to $50 get Springfield car insurance digitally online.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, good driver, accident-free, and early bird.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Missouri, follow this link.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Springfield?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Springfield that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long have they been in business?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Springfield can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Springfield exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm: Burlin Hefley
1763 E Elm St - Springfield, MO 65802 - (417) 869-4461 - View Map
- Shelter Insurance - Gregory Roy
601 N National Ave #101 - Springfield, MO 65802 - (417) 862-6669 - View Map
- State Farm: Lance Haight
2905 S National Ave - Springfield, MO 65804 - (417) 881-2086 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Springfield that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Connell Insurance, Inc.
909 E Republic Rd c200 - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 885-1175 - View Map
- American Eagle Insurance Agency, Inc.
510 W Battlefield Rd a - Springfield, MO 65807 - (417) 889-4247 - View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3003 E Chestnut Expy #700 - Springfield, MO 65802 - (417) 866-1717 - View Map
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, legal defense fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Missouri requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Cruze resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Cruze to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like fire damage, hail damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Cruze.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10 in Missouri), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Springfield. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Springfield car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Cruze insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be found below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Missouri? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)